In order to contribute to the ongoing quest for operational and management excellence, we promote instances of mutual technical assistance among our member companies.
This mechanism of cooperation allows our member companies to share best operational and management practices through the exchange of knowledge and experiences with their peers.
This is an exclusive benefit for ARPEL members.
Mutual technical assistance may cover different needs and be implemented through different mechanisms:
- 1. Participation of professionals of the requesting company in regular courses offered by the company providing the assistance.
- 2. Field learning internships of professionals of the requesting company in facilities of the company that will provide the technical support.
- 3. Request for information (non-confidential) or assistance between two ARPEL member companies; ARPEL acts as liaison. Assistance is provided online.
- 4. Request for experts of the company that will provide support to act as consultants or to give courses in facilities of the requesting company.
To request a mutual technical assistance, member companies should click on the 'Request Assistance' button and complete the online form, there they will find the different technical areas in which ARPEL currently works:
- Exploration and Production
- Refining and Fuels
- Pipelines and Terminals
- Gas and Energy
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Human Talent and Knowledge Management
- Climate Change